Android Engineer (Offline Architectures)-Career Opportunity
MarketForce 360 is looking to recruit a stellar Android Engineer with strong experience in developing offline-first android applications to join our fast-growing, Kenyan-based, VC-backed, B2B SaaS company, where we specialize in field sales and distribution automation for consumer brands in Africa and emerging markets, with the aim of solving the last mile distribution challenge.
The engineer will be required to design and implement new offline architectures, as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. The Android Engineer will engage directly with the management, product development teams, business development teams, and customers to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of our mobile applications.
He/she should be able to drive software change and release management processes, assisting with the overall maturity of the software development life cycle. Ultimately, the engineer will ensure that software deliverables comply with quality standards and are completed on time.
Technical Requirements and Responsibilities
- Ability in the entire product development process, from discovery to delivery and monitoring of the user interactions.
- Natural inclination to always think MVP first.
- Sound grasp of technical constraints and their impact, and ability adjust the design approach taken accordingly.
- Constantly optimizing for battery, performance and syncing.
- Experience leading user testing sessions and validating design efforts.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following MarketForce’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Participating in peer code reviews, which is a great way to produce solid code and learn new things!
- Engaging in internal tech talks and other training. Got something interesting to teach us? Please share!
- Foster teamwork and lead by example
- Participating in the organization-wide people initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; writing, publishing and conference-level presentation skills a plus
- Mastery of Java and Kotlin programming languages in Android development
- Great design translation skills
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and Gradle
- Experience with offline storage
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs e.g. Google Maps Platform APIs
- Solid understanding of full mobile development lifecycle
- Proficient understanding of Git workflows
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with testing tools such as Espresso
- Has experience with CI/CD tools such as Fastlane, Gitlab CI
The preferred candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of relevant programming experience with experience in software engineering, and proof of related qualifications.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, with some allowances
- Participation in ESOP
- Partially remote working environment
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com on or before Friday 4th September 2020, 5PM EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.