Senior Front-End Engineer- Career Opportunity
Mesozi is looking to recruit a stellar Senior Software Engineer with strong experience in developing user centric front-ends to join our fast-growing, Kenyan-based, VC-backed, B2B SaaS company, where we specialize in field sales and distribution automation for consumer brands in Africa and emerging markets, with the aim of solving the last mile distribution challenge.
The Senior Software Engineer will be required to design and implement new system features, as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. The Senior Software Engineer will engage directly with the management, product development teams, business development teams, and customers to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions.
He/she should be able to drive software change and release management processes, assisting with the overall maturity of the software development life cycle. Ultimately, the top-notch Senior Software Engineer will ensure that software deliverables comply with quality standards and are completed on time.
Technical Requirements and Responsibilities
- Ability in the entire product development process, from discovery to delivery and monitoring of the user interactions.
- Natural inclination to always think MVP first.
- Sound grasp of technical constraints and their impact, and ability adjust the design approach taken accordingly.
- Experience leading user testing sessions and validating design efforts.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Mesozi’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Constantly improving quality and performance of front-end code bases.
- Participating in peer code reviews, which is a great way to produce solid code and learn new things!
- Engaging in internal tech talks and other training. Got something interesting to teach us? Please share!
Your Management Responsibilities
- Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases
- Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members
- Make presentations on project status, present weekly, monthly and annual reports to senior management
- Communicate with client teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meetings and track project progress
- Provide an efficient working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met within a stipulated time.
- Foster teamwork and lead by example
- Participating in the organization-wide people initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; writing, publishing and conference-level presentation skills a plus
- Experience working with ES6
- Mastery of HTML
- Experience in CSS and SASS development is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks AngularJs, VueJs or React
- Can prototype ideas quickly and iterate as many times as needed using tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, Sketch, UXPin, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Cloud Computing Experience GCP, AWS or Azure
- Has experience with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins
The preferred candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of relevant programming experience with experience in software engineering, and proof of related qualifications.
Other requirements; A working personal laptop computer.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, with some allowances
- Participation in ESOP
- Partially remote working environment
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 18th September 2020, 5PM EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.