We are Hiring!!! Country Manager Tanzania
MarketForce 360 is looking to recruit an experienced business development professional to join our fast-growing, Kenyan-based technology company, where we specialize in field sales and distribution automation for consumer brands in Africa and emerging markets, with the aim of solving the last mile distribution challenge.
The Country Manager will oversee the operations of MarketForce 360 in Tanzania, including brand building, developing new business and ensuring profitability. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring the overall Tanzania business sales and marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, customer centric mindset, excellent communication, presentation, networking and negotiation skills, good team synergy, positive attitude, strategic thinking abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
We are a team that values strong ownership, delivering results, diving into details, embracing ambiguity, and pushing for the right outcomes.
- Manage every aspect of the newly expanding operations in-country.
- Collaborate with leadership to strategize how to best roll out the MarketForce Enterprise product line and how to execute the go-to-market strategy in Tanzania.
- Conduct extensive research regarding the Tanzania market, including research on competitors, and on specific characteristics of the Tanzanian tech scene, consumer goods industry, and Financial Services industry.
- Adapt the company’s strategy and business model to be culturally relevant without losing its identity.
- Handle the entire sales process, from prospecting to deal closing, for our Enterprise (Saas) product line. Achieve quarterly sales and revenue targets consistently.
- Manage the relationship with potential clients, from the establishment of the first contact to the signing of the contract and closing of the deal.
- Build a strong sales pipeline in both the consumer goods (manufacturers, distributors, BTL marketing agencies) and the financial services (banks, MFIs, insurance) industries, using different sourcing channels, including own network, LinkedIn and other social media, business associations, industry reports, and more.
- Outbound sales. Reach out to new prospects via a variety of channels, including cold calling, LinkedIn messaging, cold emailing. Identify decision-makers quickly through phone and email prospecting, in order to start the sales process. Understand prospects’ specific challenges and needs and tailor the offer accordingly.
- Inbound sales. Manage all the inbound requests generated by marketing campaigns. Take over all the leads that are generated through marketing channels, including social media, website, email marketing, and more. Manage, nurture, and convert such inbound leads into sales opportunities.
- Generate and qualify sales leads. Demonstrate ability to interact professionally with potential customers via phone, email, telephone conferencing, webinars and face to face meetings, to discover their business needs and develop a positive business relationship.
- Prepare sales pitches, proposals and bids. Perform product demos. Handle leads requests for customizations and system integrations, always aligning with the product teams to ensure balance between the leads expectations and the overall product roadmap. Negotiate and execute contracts.
- Onboard new clients by assisting them in the data-set up and by providing training, in collaboration with the product teams.
- Manage the relationship with existing clients, always assuring full customer satisfaction and maximizing client retention. Ensure immediate support for incoming client requests, by providing product expertise and by collaborating with the product teams. Proactively reach out to clients on a regular basis to update on new product developments or make sure they are happy and satisfied.
- Act as project manager for your own client portfolio, by working closely with the product teams to ensure timely delivery for every technical request.
- Maintain well organized, up-to-date, and accurate sales information and activity reports in the company’s CRM system. Guarantee a clear, clean, and complete customer database, ensuring that all sales activities are logged.
- Perform product Quality Assurance. Regularly attend product reviews and consistently test the product new developments, in collaboration with the rest of the sales team and with the product teams.
- Represent MarketForce at relevant networking forums, conferences, events and programs
- Contribute to the overall development of our sales & marketing strategy. Propose ideas for improving the business development and sales processes. Contribute to the overall growth of the company.
Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- Bachelor in Sales and Marketing, or International Business, or Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales, business development, key account management, customer support and customer success, and business expansion.
- Experience in B2B software sales is preferred but not required.
- Experience in leading a company’s expansion in a new country is preferred but not required.
- Experience in the FMCG or consumer goods (manufacturers, distributors, BTL marketing agencies) industry is preferred but not required.
- Experience in the Financial Services (banks, credit companies, micro-finance, insurance) industry is preferred but not required.
- Experience in using a CRM system such as HubSpot or Salesforce is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.(spoken and written)
- The preferred candidate should be Tanzanian.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, (dependent on skills and experience) with some allowances
- Participation in ESOP
- Partially remote working environment
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com on or before Friday 16th October 2020, 5PM EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.