We are Recruiting!! A Software Product Manager!
MarketForce 360 is looking to recruit an outstanding Software Product Manager to join our fast-growing, Kenyan-based technology company. We specialize in field sales and distribution automation for consumer brands in Africa and emerging markets, with the aim of solving the last mile distribution challenge.
The Software Product Manager will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout our product life cycles, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and customer support teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Software Product Manager will also ensure that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, customer centric mindset, excellent communication, good team synergy, positive attitude, strategic and design thinking abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
We are a team that values strong ownership, delivering results, diving into details, embracing ambiguity, and pushing for the right outcomes.
- Outlining a detailed product strategy.
- Managing product road maps and releases in line with business priorities.
- Researching and improving customer experiences and demands.
- Generating new product ideas and determining feature requirements.
- Understanding product selling points.
- Identifying and filling product gaps.
- Managing cross-functional teams and working alongside the engineering team.
- Developing product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Working with communication and marketing teams to manage product launches.
- Acting as a product evangelist and representing the company at industry events.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Software Product Manager
- Demonstrated success in project management; defining and launching products in the market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background in Software Development, with experience in working in a tech startup environment preferred
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience with shipping high quality user experiences: You know how to build simple but effective experiences for complex products and/or data rich platforms (e.g. two-sided marketplaces).
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: You solve for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves to write user stories in JIRA and debug issues.
- Excellent communication skills: You have a strong executive presence for collaborating with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can distill differing philosophies and approaches down to the essence and corral partners toward alignment. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
Things that will really knock our socks off:
- Adequate understanding of ontology, taxonomy, and data models to hold your own during discussions with technical team members.
- Comfort and success working with ambiguity and prioritizing multiple cross-functional partners.
- Experience in running A/B tests and communicating results.
- Keen ability to analyze data, recognize trends and identify key levers for optimization.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, including a willingness to try new things.
- A passion for our business because we’re not just another technology company. We are very passionate about our customers and mission.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, (dependent on skills and experience) with some allowances
- Participation in ESOP
- Partially remote working environment
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 20th November 2020, 5PM EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.