FMCG Sales and Marketing Manager
MarketForce is looking to recruit an experienced FMCG sales and marketing expert to join our fast-growing Kenyan-based company, where we specialize in field sales and distribution digitization for consumer brands in Africa and emerging markets, with the aim of solving the last mile distribution challenge.
Our B2B ecommerce wholesale marketplace, RejaReja, enables corner shops to source, order and pay for inventory at any time via interactive SMS and mobile app, and get it delivered directly to their store by the nearest distributor, within hours.
We are seeking an experienced sales and marketing manager who will be responsible for driving revenue growth through producing compelling marketing campaigns and effectively recruiting, motivating and deploying a highly productive sales team across the country. You will also be in charge of leading all RejaReja sales and marketing activities for acquisition and retention of thousands of retail customers on a monthly basis.
The role will require designing sales and marketing campaigns to engage customers, developing in-depth channel measurement and success metrics, and augmenting the team’s existing approach to acquiring new customers while retaining thousands of existing customers.
We are a team that values strong ownership, delivering results, diving into details, embracing ambiguity, and pushing for the right outcomes.
This position reports to the Head of Retail Sales and Distribution.
- Execute RejaReja’s sales and revenue growth strategies and plans to deliver envisaged revenues.
- Build and work closely with an effective salesforce to build our retail coverage, distribution and brand awareness objectives in line with the company strategy.
- Develop sales targets per agent, team and territory, and build a high performance culture within the sales team by driving delivery of results through accountability.
- Recruit, manage, coach, train and motivate sales agents across the territories we service.
- Design, execute and follow through a Route to Market strategy across regions and map out coverage extension plans for RejaReja in unreached territories.
- Design, execute and lead marketing campaigns and promotions across various channels, including on-ground activations, SMS and social media.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, operations, and engineering to ensure customer success.
- Maintain a deep understanding of market environment development including but not limited to pricing changes, new entrants, new products and new technologies.
- Develop customer lifecycle management, retention and referral programs to keep customers happy and engaged.
- Maintain regular contact with FMCG manufacturers, distributors, retailers and partners to spot opportunities and ensure we fill any gaps in the market.
- Assist with sales budget development, petty cash management and disbursements, including weekly and monthly sales and expense reconciliations for accountability in liaison with the Finance/Admin team.
- Manage a call center team for sales and customer support.
- Reporting on all sales and sales team associated metrics and channels on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Regularly update the management on retail distribution sales trends and market developments, opportunities and competition.
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this role should possess knowledge of best FMCG sales and marketing practices within Kenya, a high work ethic, business acumen, hyper-growth mindset, excellent communication skills, passion for startups and problem solving, strategic thinking abilities, strong leadership and organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
The preferred candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar or equivalent position in an FMCG setup and proven track record (managing $10M+ annual) in sales, marketing and salesforce management. A bachelors’ degree in sales, marketing, business administration or equivalent is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, with commissions and some allowances
- Participation in ESOP
- Partially remote working environment
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday 24th March 2021, 5PM EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.